Friday 12 June 2015

Sad story! Blogger shares his encounter with Nigerian legend, Majek Fashek in Lagos



An Investment banker and also a Blogger Joseph Edgar ran into Nigerian music legend Majek Fashek this morning in Lagos.

Joseph reveal on his way to work.
On my way going to work this morning, I spotted a loony figure. Pants sagged, dirty black underwear showing, a caftan perched precariously on his extra lean shoulders, shock of  long unkempt dreadlocks cascading down his head and teeth yellowed by years of hard living and a face still surprisingly handsome despite the ravages of illicit living.
 This was The Legend Majek, my hero of all time. The one who brought down the rain.

 He was the redefined Reggae in Nigeria and in that one album forced us to look deep into our consciousness, calling us prisoners of conscience.
 He is just like Bob Marley in Nigeria industry piece, Redemption Song into the sublime. He infused it with his pangolo rhythm and turned it into an anthem of social and spiritual awakening song.
Majek was a god in Nigeria Regga musuc, strong Adonis like looks, talent yet to me replicated in our clime and charisma of the gods.
Majek, I just saw like that in Fadeyi, begging for ogogoro becuase he did not have 100 Naira to pay for it. I stopped brought out 1,000 Naira and was immediately struck by confusion.


Just pretty funny, Should I give him this money and contribute to his death or should I refuse him and watch him throw a tantrum like a disposed toddler.
 He saved me the dilemma as he grabbed the money from me and rushed to the ugly, black dirty merchant of death, who gleefully poured him a glass full. 

Majek downed the drink and hugged me like I had just saved him from the hang mans noose. I looked deep into his eyes and saw a lost soul. He was actually begging for help, the demon inside of him peered at me from his once very beautiful eyes, daring me to do my worse. Assuring me that he had no intention of leaving this host until it finished it's dreadful task of killing him ever so slowly. 
He called me a fine boy and wished he was as good looking like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.