Friday 26 June 2015

Man kills mother of his own son in Lagos, turns himself in




A 31 – year - old Michael David from Delta state reportedly murdered his wife then and reported himself to the police after he confessed to the killing, stating that his actions was the handwork of the devil.

Michael was also involved in a fight with the victim, Oyinyechi Dennis, when he allegedly stabbed her to death in Lagos some were at Ojoku area.



It was learned that Michael, a carpenter, was spreading un true rumors about his wife which led to a confrontation between two of them.

Michael narrated what happened on the said day.

Mother of my son, Oyinye is the although I did not marry her legally but when she became pregnant for me.
 I went to her uncle and sister who she was living with to made my introduction.
Then started living together. But we had a misunderstanding within each other and then she packed out of my house.
Just on Tuesday morning, She came to my house, I thought she just came to visit me but I later saw her mood and knew something was wrong.
She confronted me with an issue she heard. She said I was spreading rumor about her living a wayward life style and not sleeping at home.
Oyinye asked me if I was behind the rumor she hard and I told her yes, that I had noticed it since she left my place.
Out of anger, Oyinye picked up a bottle, broke it and threatened to deal with me and we began to fight. While we were fighting, i overpowered her and took the broken bottle from her.
She rushed again to picked a knife.
Out of anger, I collected the knife from her and mistakenly stabbed her in the stomach with the same  knife she bring, shortly after she died after my action.
I sat for some minute thinking of what next to do, whether to leave her and run away or go to the police station to report myself.
 I then decided to report myself at Tolu Divisional.
A sister to the deceased, who gave her name as Chika, claimed that the issue that led to her sister’s death started since the victim moved back to the family house.

She explained: 
When Onyinye moved her things back to the house.
I asked her what was wrong, she said nothing, that she does not want to continue leaving with Michael.
Even a week before this incident, when Michael came to visit his son in our family house, immediately he entered, Onyinye walked out of the house.
But, I was totally surprised when he called me on Tuesday to inform me that Onyinye is dead and that he was at the police station.
I rushed down instantly to the police station to find out if it was true and that was where i heard the whole story.
The most surprising fact is that of same day,  after the incident, he called one of our neighbors to tell my other sister to bring his son which she did but after sometime, he returned the boy.
Maybe he was about to running away with his son but God did not give him the courage.
All I just desire now is for the police to complete investigation into the matter and let the law deal with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.