Sunday 14 June 2015

65-years-old man arrested selling guns to armed robbers, cultists





The Lagos Police have arrested a 65-year-old blacksmith who sells guns to armed robbery gang and cultists in the city.
The co-suspects team, TairuTairu Idris, Adewale Odusote and Dare Ayetoba, were arrested for allegedly causing trouble in the Mobil Road area of Ajah, Lagos.
The man call Najim Bakare reveal he started selling guns to make ends meet. He was in Lagos with three others involved in cult activities.
Report gathered that Odusote a native of Epe, Lagos, was apprehended by the police attached to t (RRS) The Rapid Response Squad after a  tip off on a robbery incident. 
He was reportedly heading to deliver a gun to a robbery gang in a hideout during his movement.
Police recovered the double barrelled short guns sold to the gang by Bakare, as well as one live cartridge and one jack knife from him.
During this confession,  Bakare ask me to sold the gun to the gang for Thirty Thounsand Naira N30,000 and used the money to meet up some oter domestic needs.
I make hoes, cutlasses and other metal appliances as a I am a blacksmith.
I also make guns. It is true that I sold the gun to the gang. I sell guns because I need to meet domestic needs.
I sold it to the boys for N30,000. They did not tell me they were cultists."
In his confession, Odusote said he belongs to Aye cult,  stating more than 50 persons  were initiated in March 2012 when he joined the CULT.
Odusote dropped out of secondary school in 2012, and later go for apprentice a barbering saloon.
One of my friend, Lukman, introduced me to the cult member. We were initiated in a bush toward Epe .
I can still remember it was around  9.30pm. we were beating up inside the bush. Seven of their squard masters flogged us with Koboko masively. They also give us some hard drink in the bush. That  is all, Lukman  said.
We get to the third suspect, Who was name Idris, He was hails from Ajegunle, said he also joined the cult for protection and also reveal his wife knows that he is a cultist member.
25-year-old father of two said they do not see anything wrong in joining cult groups.
He reveal they join cultist to protect their selves because hoodlums were always invading the Alaguntan area where the reside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.